Zoom Class Information
This is for those new to Zoom or want some extra information.
Equipment and set up before class.
- You will need a laptop computer with a front facing camera or tablet, Apple or PC, or some other device to watch, listen, and talk. You could use a smart phone but the screen will be small.
- You will need internet service.
- You will need something to hold your tablet so you can see the screen and we can see you.
- You need to know how to switch between the front and rear camera. We will use this feature so you can see your screen while you point at your painting.
- It will be best for you and the class if you download and install the free program or app called Zoom.us well before the class starts. Ask someone who has used the program to “Zoom” with you. They will know what that means. Ask them about the switching between cameras. This will give you confidence to use the program. If you email me I will help you get it going!! There are many YouTube videos on “How to get started with zoom!!! Or “How to join a Zoom meeting”
- We will start the first class ½ hr. early. I want everyone to be comfortable with Zoom before we start the Class (Meeting).
This is how the ON-LINE class will operate.
You will be sent an email with a link to “enter or join” William Wise’s Class (Meeting).
This is just an example of what it will look like. You will click the link after “Join the Meeting”
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 454 1787 4125
The Meeting ID and Password is used if you need to manually enter the information.
- Check again that your speaker and microphone works. You can enter with your camera on or off. If I need to see you I will ask for you to turn it on. This is your choice, but I would like to see you!!!
- After you click and enter you will be in my “Waiting Room” When I am all set I will “accept you into the meeting”
- In that time before class we will all go through the controls. This may take a while. That is why I want you there early. When you are comfortable you can just stay connected and prepare your painting supplies. Will all be ready 5 min prior to class.